6.17.2011

Posted by Jo W. 7:29 AM 1 comment
I am leaving for Berlin in a couple of hours! We are spending the weekend there and getting back Sunday night. Just got out of class, and I need to pack. I haven't planned exactly that I am going to do there yet, but on Saturday night, we are going to see a show at the Friedrichstadt Palast. We bought tickets to Yma way in advance, and it should be really good.

The train ride there is going to take three and a half hours, even though it's an ICE. Oh well. We waited until the last minute to buy the tickets, and they were rather expensive. Even with a 25% discount card, it was still over 100 euros. Ouch. Well, lesson learned.

Yesterday, I went to Deutsches Theatre and saw the play Der Besuch der Alten Dame. It was very hard to understand. One, it was in a modern style, so there were little props or scenery. Two, they spoke really really fast German, so I couldn't catch a lot of the words. Three, I got THE worst seats in the house: the very last row at the very top. I had to literally lean over to barely see the front of the stage, where most of the action was.

Although I couldn't understand anything and the whole thing baffled me, it was an experience. I'll just leave it at that.

I won't be taking my netbook with me to Berlin, so I shall update after this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. poop to the bad seats. but yeah an experience definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter